We're happy you're here. You can use the Community to catch up on all the latest updates, discuss features, exchange experiences and tips, share your thoughts with other smart people. Your Pilot Journey Starts Here.

The Problem of Leveling in Street View

Topic created · 3 Posts · 21 Views
  • There is no problem with my original video, but when I upload it to Street View, The image is tilted.

111sample1111.jpg
    See My Street View Blue Line ↓
    https://goo.gl/maps/V7izd5BUXVDvWxqi6

This problem occurs a lot in mountainous terrain.

Is anyone aware of this problem?
    Is there a solution?

• Hi Minjoong

I had the same problem 4 years ago, when setting up my camera on top of a cable car on a Swiss mountain. GSV leveled the side view of the video and it looked disgusting. I then contacted the responsible guy in their local office and he told me, there is nothing to be done about it. Suppose we have to wait a long long time ;-).

Dario

• HelloMinjoong, Good day!

This is not an in camera levelling issue. Part of Google's Street View ready camera specification stipulates that no in camera stabilization is enabled in GSV video mode, they rely on their processing for levelling the images. This applies to all makes and models of cameras that support GSV video mode.
    Google street view rules don't allow any kind of stabilization because gsv software levels the pics by itself. So you have to wait.