We're happy you're here. You can use the Community to catch up on all the latest updates, discuss features, exchange experiences and tips, share your thoughts with other smart people. Your Pilot Journey Starts Here.

Lenses Calibration

Topic created ยท 4 Posts ยท 24 Views
  • Hello Smart Folks ๐Ÿค“

Just need to know, should we caliper the Camera Lenses before each Street View Shooting ๐Ÿค”?

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ™

• Can you please explain what you want/need to calibrate ???

You calibrate the gyroscope and you can recalibrate it but you don't need to. There is really no reason you will need to do it unless you experience really big problems with levelling of video. GSV is not using any levelling in the first place because the GSV specifications say - the camera should not use stabilization.

But frankly - without really knowing what you want to calibrate any answer I give is just guesswork.

• I am talking about the One EE, I know it's caliperated from the Camera itself, but I was wondering if we must caliperate each time before starting shooting Street View! I think it's necessary ๐Ÿค”

• You can calibrate the gyroscope - I know that but I wasn't aware you can calibrate the lenses on a Labpano camera.
    What do you mean or what do you think the lens calibration does - how do you start it on your camera?
    Which Labpano camera are we talking about?