We're happy you're here. You can use the Community to catch up on all the latest updates, discuss features, exchange experiences and tips, share your thoughts with other smart people. Your Pilot Journey Starts Here.

GIS Metadata in Videos?

Topic created · 5 Posts · 23 Views
  • Hi,
    I just captured a "GSV" video but I dont want to upload to GSV -- I just want to get the geolocated equirectangular images. I need the metadata including the GPS location, time, orientation, etc.

However it is not clear to me how the GIS information is embedded in the MP4 video, or if it is stored in another file somewhere. I am confident I could process it if it is extractable as CSV or XML data -- how does one recover this information?

• @jaap
    The IMU and GPS information of Google Street View Video are stored in a separate track, with CaMM specification https://developers.google.com/streetview/publish/camm-spec, can you email to support@labpano.com I will share you the tool able to analyze the video file of Street View mode. It seems failed to upload from here. Thank you.

• I requested access, thank you. Also, this seems to work on ubuntu:

wget https://github.com/alchemy-fr/exiftool/blob/master/fmt_files/gpx.fmt

exiftool -ee -p gpx.fmt  FILE

where FILE is the name of video captured as GSV

One has to install exiftool first
    A similar command probably works on PowerShell,WSL, or OSX>

It dumps a GPX file to stdout, so one should use redirection

exiftool -ee -p gpx.fmt  FILE > out.gpx

to save the output of course.

• Dean Zwikel has written a command line software called GSV2JPG
    It extracts images with GIS information embedded as well as a GPX file.

The SW is available for free but you need to request access

Here is a link to a facebook post by Dean
    and if you are not on FB here is a link to the document on google drive.

The GIS information is embedded in a special CAMM track but AFAIK the Labpano cameras are not implementing it 100% - but it works.

• Same question here.
    I can see a video stream and a metadata stream in the mp4 file.
    How can we use the metadata in the "google street view" videos for our own applications?