We're happy you're here. You can use the Community to catch up on all the latest updates, discuss features, exchange experiences and tips, share your thoughts with other smart people. Your Pilot Journey Starts Here.

How to connect the street view at the crossroads?

Topic created · 3 Posts · 25 Views
  • This is my street view.
    https://goo.gl/maps/2Y35qA2c8TsYjVV56

I wanted to connect the circular road.
    It looks like a blue line is connected on three-way. However, the street view did not continue at the three-way intersection.
    I wonder, is there any way to connect the blue line at crossroads?

alt text
    alt text

• @jg-360 said in How to connect the street view at the crossroads?:

At junctions, if you can you need to overlap your recording path before you stop the recording. Not easy if the camera is car mounted. I make most of my captures walking or on a bicycle, so quite easy to cross to the other side of the road before I hit the stop button.

Connecting the circular road in street view can indeed be tricky, especially at three-way intersections where the blue line might not seamlessly continue. The suggestion to overlap your recording path is a great tip, particularly if you're capturing the view while walking or cycling. However, if you're using a car-mounted camera, it can become more challenging due to the nature of traffic and road layouts.

In such cases, careful planning of your route beforehand can be extremely beneficial. Try to anticipate the intersections and ensure you have a clear path to follow that allows for minimal interruptions. Additionally, using a secondary recording device or camera can help capture different angles and ensure you don’t miss any crucial details.

Another useful tip is to leverage local services when things get tough. For instance, if you're having technical difficulties or need assistance with your vehicle setup, a 24 hour mechanic shop can be a lifesaver. These shops can provide quick fixes, maintenance, and advice on how to best equip your vehicle for capturing street views. Their round-the-clock availability ensures that you can get help whenever you need it, minimizing downtime and keeping your project on track.

Remember, patience and thoroughness are key in creating a comprehensive street view. Combining careful planning, utilizing helpful tips, and knowing where to get assistance can make your task much smoother. Happy mapping!

• At junctions, if you can you need to overlap your recording path before you stop the recording. Not easy if the camera is car mounted. I make most of my captures walking or on a bicycle, so quite easy to cross to the other side of the road before I hit the stop button.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AJRBFjbaoTktFzo18